The New Addition to Our Family

Monday, September 28, 2009

No cause for excitement. We are NOT pregnant.

Our family has grown here in Guam. Nathan has been a permanent resident, and he's got the license to prove it. We invited Nathan to extend is vacation, and begin anew, and he jumped at the chance. He loves the island. Loves his job (Ruby Tuesday Hostess). Loves his calling (assistant Scout Master). He's doing really well, and its been SO fun to have him here. I haven't been as homesick for the rest of the FAM with him here, and he livens things up for us.

I blame the lack of updates on the lack of time. School began back in August, and its kept us busy, busy, busy. Jeff is coaching Football at a new high school here. They're struggling to build their program, and I think Jeff is grateful to be back in the game, even if it is the IFL (Island Football League). He may also coach Girls Basketball at the same high school. We'll see what happens. 

My Principal "asked" me to be an "Academic Coach" for MATHCOUNTS, a math club/competition. We'll see how it goes...

All in all this school year is shaping up to be a good one. We've got a good group of students that present a variety of challenges, educational challenges. A nice change from last years explosive combination of educational and behavioral challenges.

And on a side note... If you read anything about a Typhoon/Tropical Storm heading our way, it is.. We'll see what happens over the next few days. Presently, its only a Storm Watch, we're keeping an eye on it and we'll see what happens over the course of the next few days. I'll keep you posted!

And that's an update, in a nutshell. I need to take some pictures, I always feel obligated to post pictures if I post an entry... So, pictures are sure to follow!



0 comments:

 
Talk it Easy, Lemon Squeezy... Design by Pocket