We got busy & I neglected the blog. Sorry to leave you all hanging! School began this week... Nathan moved here... & oh SO many other things I need to blog about & catch everyone up on... Let me 1st start w/ Day Three.. I'll get to the rest, this week, maybe??
We decided spur of the moment to rent a car & take a drive up Aussie's Gold Coast. We rented a little red hatchback Corolla. It was such a trip because they drive on the right side of the road. We considered getting a Manual car, but opted to spend the extra & go with automatic, as all the shifting would have been opposite what we're used to. Even with the Automatic, we were all a little nervous as we pulled out and started our journey.. We all had a case of the giggles. I'm not sure why it was so entertaining..
Jeff drove, I'm still 'under-age' as far as car rentals are concerned, & he did an awesome job of navigating the countless round-about's that the Australian Department of Transportation seems to be so fond of..
It was gorgeous. I'm not sure what else to say. I think these few picture speak for themselves. I had a hard time selecting just a few for the 'blog'. I think these will suffice.
Our destination was a small beach/resort town called Port Douglas. There were a ton of shops, restaurants and sites. We spent the afternoon there, shopping & eating.
They have these amazing trees in Australia, not sure what their called, I'm sure my dad knows.. but they're huge, and they have vines or roots that grow down from the branches.. Nathan couldn't help but channel his inner Tarzan & take a swing on the vines..
1 comments:
this trip looks awesome! and I love the "favorite" pic its priceless ha I can't help laughing when i see it myself.
Post a Comment