Day Two.. The REEF.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tuesday was Reef Day.. We booked a trip out to the Great Barrier Reef.. 90 min out.. hour & a 1/2 or so @ 2 different dive/snorkel stops & 90 min back in.. 

Here's our Boat.. the Tusa 5... it was big, but not too big..

i LOVE being on the ocean.. there is nothing better then sea air.. 


Jeff & Nathan are also fans..


Nathan went SCUBA diving, since he's certified.. Jeff & I went snorkeling.. We got to wear these lovely, super-thick wetsuit type things.. very flattering, as you can see.. 


We saw SO many amazing things... The highlights were a 6ft (or maybe bigger) white tip reef shark, and a sea turtle.. wish I had pictures of those, but.. I don't. You'll just have to take my word for it..

Meanwhile, back on the boat.. Nobody was steering.. I was REALLY tempted to commandeer the ship.. how difficult can it be?? 

We were SO worn out by the end of the day.. The trip back to port was SO choppy, which made it feel like a real adventure! I loved it! We ran back to our hotel in the rain, dried off, grabbed a couple of meat pies for dinner & crashed.. 

0 comments:

 
Talk it Easy, Lemon Squeezy... Design by Pocket