Gus & Louie

Thursday, April 30, 2009

There are 2 new additions to the Wheatley-Gamett household (the name change will happen this summer, I know inquiring minds would like to know). Moms/Dads, there is no need to get to excited, I am NOT pregnant, as scattered brained as this post may be...

Let me begin from last Saturday..

We are currently taking a Teaching Methods class that focuses on a variety of teaching methods that work particularly well for students with moderate-severe disabilities. Its a fun class, and we've come across several interesting techniques. On Saturday we looked at Animal Therapy, and discussed how animals or the care of an animal has positive effects on ALL persons, not just those with disabilities. Jeff & I have been aching to adopt yet another animal, but refuse to do it until we are in a permanent location (I can't bear the thought of returning yet another pet to an animal shelter). 

A few months back Jeff began suggesting we get a fish tank. He seemed excited about the idea so we made a trip to a local pet shop and had a look around. We priced a few things out, got a feel for what was available & decided we'd think about it.

Life has been stressful lately, with classes, work, homework, testing, etc., etc. After class last Saturday we were both feeling pretty drained & stressed. I knew Jeff could use some kind of pick me up, so I decided it was time to buy that fish he had wanted. We headed to the pet store directly from the university. 

Jeff picked out a tank while I played with the puppies and cats.

Jeff decided on a simple tank that came with some rocks, a few decorative plants and 2 free starter fish. We didn't get the fish the same day, the pet store gives you a day to set the tank up. We went right home and set it all up, we replaced the broken lamp in our living room with the fish tank. We were eager to pick the fish up the next day. 

After church we stopped by the pet shop to pick up our Guppies, Gus (is mine) & Louie (Jeff's). I named mine the day I got him, but it took Jeff a few days. They seem to be at home in our little apartment. I have to admit, its a relaxing feature. I catch myself just watching the little guys chase their reflections up & down in the tank, silly fish.


0 comments:

 
Talk it Easy, Lemon Squeezy... Design by Pocket