I should mention that yesterday we decided to stop into a travel agency. We knew Cairns was THE place to head out & see the Great Barrier Reef, but we were interested to see what else it had to offer. We left the agency with a handful of pamphlets on snorkeling trips, boat excursions, train rides, sky rails, rainforest hikes, zoos, zip lines & everything in between. We were a little overwhelmed. We decided to take a day to discuss & decide before we booked!
We had decided the night before that we wanted to see the rainforest. Jeff has seen the reef, & I get a little anxious when I think about swimming so closely to fish (especially after my traumatic snorkeling experience in Catalina, another story for another day). We decided that we wanted to take the SkyRail into the rainforest, up to the town of Kuranda, spend the day there & then head back to Cairns via the Railway. After another leisurely breakfast, and another stroll around Cairns we headed back to the agency & booked our trip! We were stoked!
We decided to continue exploring the city..
We stopped into the Casino (did not compare w/ Vegas, but then what does??). It was fairly empty, probably because it was 10 A.M. We headed to the second level of the casino in search of the NCAA Final. Sure enough, we found it, as well as a Senior Citizens movie club. They had converted half of the level into a free public theater for the morning. After watching the start of the game we decided to move out & move on.
We came across an amazing mall next. It was big. It was a mall. I was excited! We did a walk through & then headed up to the food court. We stopped at a Coffee Shop & each got a wrap. They were delish! It was amazing to have fresh veggies again! Its been so long... There was a movie theater near the food court, so we decided to check it out & see what was playing. Most of the movies had been out in the states for a while & didn't really peak our interest. I wanted to see Monsters vs. Aliens (I had heard good things from some of my students). We checked the times, & had some time to kill before the movie, so we did some shopping! More window shopping than anything. I think Jeff & I are in perma-save mode, needless to say, we didn't buy much. Movie time was near, so we headed back to the theater, purchased our tickets & snacks simultaneously (they sold the tickets @ the concession stands). I was still full, but they had Frozen Coke (Icees) & Jeff had to have one. I was glad he had gotten one because it was the best Icee I have had in a long time. The movie was cute.
We headed back to the hotel for some pool time before another early dinner.
For dinner we went to Outback Jacks. Its an new Australian chain. We had Kangaroo & Crocodile skewers. We were down under, we had to try! The crocodile had taste & consistency similar to beef, w/ a hint of fishiness. The Kangaroo was a white meat, and tasted like... meat?? (I def do NOT have a career as a food critic) Both were pretty good, & generally meaty. For my main course I got the worlds largest wagyu burger on the worlds largest platter. It was tasty!
And that pretty much wraps up Day 2.
0 comments:
Post a Comment